|MikesPhotos | Pixabay|
You have probably heard of lug nuts or lug bolts before. But you may not be sure exactly what they do. Lug nuts are the hardware that secures your wheels to your car. Without lug nuts or lug bolts, your wheels would fall off. Just like any other part of your car, there are different types of lug nuts and lug bolts. If you do not have the correct lug nut, then your wheel will not stay securely on.
There are several different types of lug nuts. The big difference from one to the next is the shape of the lug nut. Here are some of the basic types of lug nuts.
Lug Nut Types
- Conical or Tapered Seat: cone-shaped lug seat
- Spherical or Ball Seat: rounded lug seat
- Mag Seat: extended thread area and a flat washer seat
- Flat Seat: flat, washer-like seat
- Extended Thread: conical-shaped seat with extended thread for more engagement
- Tuner Style: small diameter using a special key on the outside end with a conical seat
- Small Diameter Spline Drive: small diameter using a special key on the spline grooves with conical seat
What Are the Different Sizes of Lug Nuts?Besides the different types of lug nuts, there are also different sizes. It is important to know the size of your lug nut to ensure proper fitting. Here are the different sizes of lug nuts.
- 10mm x 1.25
- 12mm x 1.25
- 12mm x 1.50
- 12mm x 1.75
- 14mm x 1.25
- 14mm x 1.5
- 14 mm x 2.0
- 7/16" x 20
- 1/2" x 20
- 9/16" x 18
Determining the Right Type of Lug NutNow that you know there are different types and sizes of lug nuts, you are probably wondering how to know which one you need. There are five different things you need to know in order to determine the correct lug nut for your car.
- Thread Size: You can determine this either by using a thread pitch gauge (available at local hardware stores) or take your current bolt to your local auto store and spin it on the bolts they have available.
- Thread Pitch: The distance between each thread
- Seat Type: This refers to where the lug nut actually makes contact with the wheel surface. The most common are acorn/tapered seat, a flat seat, or a ball seat.
- Length/Dimension: This refers to the dimension of your lug nut. It is important to confirm the dimension to ensure a proper fit.
- Finish/Color: This is all about personal preference.
“The objective measure for me isn’t just how much time you guess or how much cash you lose, but what is the impact of your playing on your life? ” stated Timothy Fong, codirector of the University of California Los Angeles Gambling Studies Program. Whether the Phillies win the 메리트카지노 World Series and the Eagles maintain their successful streak isn't enough excitement for some individuals. Many fans are additionally placing cash on the line — and the bets they are putting aren’t necessarily on which staff will win. The competing proposal from worldwide playing companies would require the online platforms to partner with tribes and give them a minimize.ReplyDelete